Friday, February 26, 2010

Playing with Windows Azure

I have been following SQL Azure pretty closely over the last few months. This week at Melbourne SQL Server Users Group, we had a presentation from David Lemphers from the Windows Azure team. To be honest I didn’t know a lot about Windows Azure prior to this session.

The architecture of Windows Azure is really neat – the ability to provision additional instances of your application, the separation of web and worker roles. The use of simple objects that we are all familiar with: blobs, queues and tables for storage. It all makes a lot of sense.

In my next few posts, I am going to document my experience as I attempt to write “Hello Cloud”. For this purpose I have downloaded Visual Studio 2010 RC1. My internet cap is really hurting right now.

image

No comments: